Did you know that we have 3 different sizes of tall kitchen units available and the size of tall unit you choose in your kitchen design, will determine the wall unit size that you need to use?
Tall units are an excellent addition to your kitchen, if you have the space then there are many available including:
- Broom cupboards
- Larder units
- Tall corner units
- Pull out larder units
- Wine racks
- Tall single & double oven housings
- Tall fridge freezer housings
So, if you ever wanted a space to hide all your brooms, mops & ironing board, then factor a few of these units into your design and you’ll thank yourself later!
The initial measurements of the units you are about to see below do not include the height of the unit’s legs. The legs on our kitchen units are 150mm in height but the legs on our kitchen units will adjust from 140mm to 170mm. This adjustment mainly allows you to compensate for uneven floors so that all your units line up perfectly.
1825mm tall kitchen units (short)
- When using 1825mm tall kitchen units, 575mm wall units are needed
- 1825mm tall units are perfect for homes with low ceilings
- When ordering these units on the site, choose 1970mm and put in the notes that the height needs to be 1825mm. The units will then be customised for you.
- The total height of this tall unit including legs, set at 150mm (default) is 1975mm
1970mm tall kitchen units (standard)
- When using 1970mm tall kitchen units, 720mm wall units are needed
- 1970mm tall units are what the majority of people choose as these tend to fit in most kitchens
- The total height of this tall unit including legs, set at 150mm (default) is 2120mm
2150mm tall kitchen units (tallest)
- When using 2150mm tall kitchen units, 900mm wall units are needed
- By choosing 2150mm tall units, you gain 30% more storage in the top cupboards
- The total height of this tall unit including legs, set at 150mm (default) is 2300mm
It is very important to include the height of units, with legs, into your kitchen design when measuring up. If in doubt, check then measure then do it again and again until you are 100% sure the units you intend to buy will fit perfectly in the space that you have.
This is how the units look as they grow in height. You will notice that it is just the top the expands. The base units are all the same height and the worktop is at a constant level across all the variations.
Mixing tall & wall units
This short video shows how to use the correct wall and tall units in your kitchen design.
Examples of tall units in kitchens
Kitchen unit specification video
Take a look at our kitchen unit specification video below, so that you can see exactly what you will be buying from us. All our units come fully built with all doors, drawers and hinges already attached. We do all of the assembly for you to make your kitchen installation much easier!