Our carcasses are supplied fully rigid, built up and are manufactured using glue and dowel construction techniques, the same way as those employed by the leading kitchen manufacturers in Europe. The doors and drawer fronts are professionally mounted to the carcasses as well.
The carcasses are manufactured using Egger 18mm high density melamine faced chipboard with 8mm melamine faced chipboard backs to both wall and base units. All of the carcase front edges are lipped with a durable 2mm PVC edging material to match the various carcase colours selected. All other exposed edges are lipped with 0.4 edging tape.
It is not possible to order just carcasses without doors, as the doors are attached to the units in the manufacturing process (unless you order an open unit).
Other carcase information
- Base units are drilled to provide 3 adjustable shelf positions.
- Three-way adjustable concealed hanging brackets are fitted to the wall units. Each pair of brackets can carry up to 70 kilograms and conforms to DIN68840. Wall plates are supplied as standard.
- All wall units are drilled to provide adjustable shelf positioning. 570 high units have one shelf, 720 and 900 high units have 2, cover caps in white, beige or brown are supplied for the unused drillings.
- Wall units are 300mm deep excluding the door.
- We can offer flexibility to the carcase specifications – units can be increased and reduced in depth. (limits apply) This can be requested when ordering the units online.
- Where units are shown with drawer and pan drawer boxes they are supplied fitted in to the units. These are full extension Hettich.
- Innotech double skinned metal drawers, pan drawers have a gallery rail supplied to increase the height of the drawer.
- We use the BLUM TANDEMBOX full extension drawer system as standard. Powder coated steel, 470mm sides (485mm installation depth), aluminium back panel and a 15mm MFC base.
- BLUM Soft close system can be built into the runner with a load capacity of 50kg. Soft close drawer boxes can be requested for £5 per drawer when ordering the units online.
Each unit is supplied with adjustable 150mm FENNEL MULTISTAR legs as standard with 100mm legs available as an option. Both of the leg options have a minus adjustment of 10mm and a plus adjustment of 20mm.
The legs fold into the foot for transport as can be seen in the following illustration. Each unit is supplied with 2 adjustable plinth clips clipped on to the front 2 legs. The plinth clips fit over the top of the plinth and have a lip that fits over the top of the plinth. With every order 6 self-adhesive clips are sent out for the plinth returns.
Each unit is supplied with the appropriate hinge manufactured by Blum to suit the application that the unit is designed for. Standard hinges are 110 degree opening, all steel, 3 way adjustable hinges with an inline clip system base-plate. Soft close hinges can be requested for £2.50 per door when ordering the units online.
Free Online Kitchen Planner
Download our mobile app
Looking for some kitchen inspiration? Take a look at some of our real customer kitchens, video reviews as well as advice in our mobile app. We’ll also keep you up to date with any new ranges and offers that we have available.
Up to 50% off competitor kitchen prices
At DIY Kitchens, not only do you get a quality rigid built kitchen but you also get it at a fabulous price too! Price your kitchen up on our site and you could see savings of up to 50% off other kitchen quotes that you’ve had.
Take a look at our kitchen price comparison page here.
Real customer kitchens
Get some inspiration for designing your own new kitchen with over 2,000 pictures of our customers’ kitchens that they ordered from us.