A good old tasty quick and easy snack, Chicken with Chilli Beans and Tortillas recipe.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Chicken with Chilli Beans and Tortillas Ingredients
- 2 Chicken breasts or 4 chicken thigh fillets – cut into bite size chunks
- Large tin of red kidney beans with Chilli sauce
- Large tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 peppers – different colours chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 level teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 bag of Dorito’s or similar
- 60g/3oz of grated cheddar
- Pre heat oven to 180/gas 4
- Fry the chicken in a large frying pan, gently sauté until well coloured, (about 15 mins)
- Add the peppers to the pan and sauté for about 5 mins.
- Add tomatoes and chilli beans, chilli and cook for about 15mins to thicken the sauce.
- Pour all into a suitable oven proof square serving dish. (Always make sure the chicken mix is warmed before adding the topping)
- Add tortillas and top with cheese
- Bake on a tray for about 10 mins or until the cheese is melted and golden brown
This recipe was submitted by Mr Golden.