The Chicken Myers recipe was passed along from the Mother of Anne Francis, who we knew in Towcester in the 1990s – Rumour has it that this was passed to the W.I by the Queen Mother.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Chicken Myers Ingredients
- 1 cooked chicken or 4 chicken breasts poached and cooled
- Half head celery finely chopped
- 275g or 10oz Campbell’s Chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons double cream
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 75g/3oz grated cheddar cheese
- 3 packets plain crisps crushed
Chicken Myers Method
- If using a cooked chicken, tear into bite sized pieces, or chop the poached chicken breasts into bite sized pieces
- Add chicken, mayonnaise, soup, cream, lemon juice, celery, seasoning and curry powder into an oven proof dish.
- Cover with crisps and cheese mixed together.
- Bake at 190 degrees or gas 5 for 30-35 mins.
- Serve with green salad and new potatoes
This recipe was submitted by Mr Golden.
Leave A Comment